My Pet Expo
Team SA is off to proudly represent us at the 2012 Agility World Championships in Czech Republic.
This year’s handlers and dogs were selected in a hotly contested, nail biting Final at the Royal Show, (PMB) earlier this year. In the end these dogs came out victorious:
For the Small Team event
- Gail Killian with Ricki (Shetland Sheepdog, 9 years)
- Alett Reed with Volt (Shetland Sheepdog, 2 years)
- Lloyd Bristow with Vibe ( Toy Poodle, 9 years) and Dazzler (Toy Poodle, 2 years)
The Medium Team
- Gaby Grohovaz with Lollie and Chippy (both Pyrenean Sheepdogs, 6 years)
- Gail Killian with Tyla (Shetland Sheepdog, 6 years)
- Kelly Taylor with Lucy (Miniature Schnautzer, 6 years)
The Large Team
- Annaret Meintjes with Chinzi (5 years)
- Alett Reed with Chaos (6 years)
- Julie Yates with Chace (years)
- Helena Immelman with Chili (6 years)
For the individual event
Chinzi (L), Chaos (L), Chace (L), Chili (L), Ricki (S), Vibe (S), Tayla (M), Lollie (M) and Lloyd Bristow with Tip Top (Border Collie, L, 7 years) will be starting.
Helena and Chili are the rookies on this team. For both Alett’s dogs, Chaos and Volt, this will be their first time at the World Champs, but Alett has represented SA before with her Border Collie. Lloyd Bristow and Vibe have been on the Team for 5 years. For both Dazzler and Tip Top it will be their first time. Lloyd has been competing at the AWC before with his Border Collie. Gail and Ricki have been on the Small Team for 6 years and for Tyla it will be his second time at the World Champs. Both Lollie and Chippy will be attending the World Champs for the 4th time this year. Gaby has represented SA at 9 previous World Champs with a total of 4 different dogs. For Julie and Chace this will be their second time at the AWC. Kelly and Lucy will also be representing SA for the second time. At only 12 years of age, Kelly was the youngest competitor at the World Championships least year and is likely to be the youngest again this year. Last year’s best South African competitor, Annaret and Chinzi will be at the World Champs for the 3rd time this year. Annaret has represented SA with 2 other dogs.
These handlers and dogs have achieved top 10 placings at the World Champs in both the Individual as well as the Team events and are almost all KUSA (Kennel Union of Southern Africa) Champion in various disciplines and several have achieved Grand Champion status.